Strengthening Engagement with Global Staff
Who: You - if you work within the learning function at a LINGOs Member Agency
When: Wednesday & Thursday, November 28-29. Optional Workshops on Friday Nov 30
Where: FHI 360 Conference Center, 1825 Connecticut Avenue NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC (Dupont Circle area)
Why: Connect, learn from, share with fellow LINGOs members. This YOUR organization's best opportunity to leverage learning from fellow international NGOs - new ideas, build on what you are doing, explore what works and why and how to apply in your organization.
Learn with Guest speakers
- Chris Pirie, Microsoft General Manager for Sales & Marketing Readiness Group and Chairman of the ASTD Board of Directors
- Martin Baker, Founder of the Charity Learning Consortium
- Chris Hedrick, Coordinator Peace Corps Africa Initiatives and Innovation
- Don Johnson & Dina Rose, Insights, LINGOs' new partner
- Tom Kuhlmann, VP of Community at Articulate
Engage with fellow NGO Learning Professionals
Members may find it beneficial to send several staff members to the LINGOs 2012 Member Meeting. Participants will choose from a dozen concurrent sessions with sector-specific, interactive content on topics related to engaging international staff in learning for global results:
- Designing eLearning for a Global Audience
- Scaling up Blended Learning: Managing for Scale
- Learning Platforms: Features and Approaches that Strengthen Engagement
- Communities of Practice
- Designing a Leadership Development Program in International NGOs
- Building Organizational Capacity in Project Management
- Planning for organizational Knowledge Management: Sharepoint Stories
- What works: Strengthening Global Employee Engagement
- Scenario-based learning
- Leveraging the LINGOs Membership: Session for Newer Members
Register: Staff of member agencies may register for the meeting and optional workshops through a convenient online registration site. http://LINGOs2012.eventbrite.com
- Member Meeting cost is US$275+ registration fees and includes coffee breaks, lunches, and reception/dinner
- Post Meeting workshop cost is US$125+ registration fees and includes coffee breaks and lunch
Where to stay: We've secured a block of rooms at the Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle (across Connecticut Ave from the Conference Center). A group rate of US$183 + taxes is available through October 25, or when rooms sell out. Reserve now.
Social events: Join us on Wednesday November 28 for a welcome reception at 5:30 and dinner at 6:30 at Buca di Beppo, 1825 Connecticut Ave., NW, on the first floor of the same building as the Conference Center. Included in meeting registration
LINGOs is pleased to offer members the opportunity to participate in optional day-long workshops on Friday November 30. Each workshop is limited to 25 participants. Please register early. Fee for each is $125.
- Insights: Speed the Delivery of Results & Enable Success in your INGO
In this interactive workshop, exclusively available to LINGOs Member Agencies, we will explore who you are and how you interact with others with the aim of helping you speed the delivery of results and enable success—personal, professional and organizational. You will learn practical skills so that you can become more effective in your role, whether you are an individual contributor or in a leadership position.
Participants will receive a customized, 20-page personal profile which identifies strengths and areas for development, communication preferences, value you bring to the organization, and leadership style. We will explore how this Profile can be used for your personal development and possibilities for implementing this program within your organization.
- Articulate Storyline: Advanced E-learning Made Simple for LINGOs Members
In this session with Tom Kuhlmann, staff from LINGOs Member agencies will learn how to use Articulate Storyline to build engaging, interactive courses. We'll review the core authoring process, introduce you to key Storyline features, and then practice creating interactive content using the Slide Layers, Triggers, and States features in Storyline.
Register for the Meeting and Optional Workshops
Staff from member agencies may register for the meeting and optional workshops through a convenient registration site. Participation is exclusively for staff of member agencies. http://LINGOs2012.eventbrite.com
For additional information, contact LINGOs Director of Member Services Marian Abernathy. eMail Marian(at)LINGOs.org